Ruby on Rails Developer
The tasks we will trust you with:
- Churning out clean, readable code;
- Creating and improving the business/analytics logic of internal and external projects;
- Improving the interaction between Application and Database though simple complexity SQL queries;
- Performing simple and well-scoped frontend tasks for improvement of admin panels.
Engineering culture at Salt Edge:
- Focus on code quality with 90%+ test coverage and thorough code reviews;
- End 2 End testing;
- Proactive availability and performance monitoring with dashboards and alerts;
- Internal presentations, wiki and chat room.
You’re the one we’re looking for if:
- You have basic programming fundamentals knowledge (OO Programming, Ruby, Linux, Bash, Git, Database Concepts);
- You have basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework (ActiveRecord, MVC, ERB/Haml, API, JSON);
- You have basic knowledge of frontend frameworks (Backbone), HTML (HAML), JS (CoffeeScript), CSS (bootstrap);
- You have knowledge of relational database systems (MySql, Postgresql) and ability to build simple complexity SQL queries;
- You’re an attentive and quick learner, ready to dive into project details.
- Knowledge of how web application architecture works, its components;
- Basic knowledge of background jobs;
- Basic knowledge of rspec and capybara (ability to write basic unit and feature tests).
Salt Edgers love working here because:
- We build in-house products that work 24/7/365 and receive global awards;
- We get full training and peer-to-peer feedback every step of the way;
- We have generous room for growth and we benefit from regular trainings, hackathons, courses, and certifications;
- Our minds are always fit since we handle a variety of thought-provoking tasks;
- We are members of Moldova IT Park. We are offered competitive salary, attractive benefits, paid vacations, as well as performance-based bonuses and the unique opportunity to acquire stock options;
- We are privileged to work directly with Tier 1 banks, credit bureaus, credit card companies;
- To insure our comfort, the office hours allow both early and late mornings: 9:00 - 18:00 or 10:00 - 19:00 (Monday - Friday), as well as remote work if necessary;
- Our culture is supportive, ambitious, friendly and we have our share of fun during weekly Happy Hour, games, outings, team buildings;
- We’re never short of tasty snacks, beverages, great lunch deals, as well as awesome gym discounts to help burn the treats off;
- We are taken care of and valued here!
Send your CV in English at
You’re only one email away from building a promising career!